Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Fair Food Farmstand

I got to tell you, it's even more difficult than I thought when I began this blog to find information on what we can get local in the winter months here in South Jersey. I was hoping to do a post on where to get local honey which should be available all year long, but most of the websites for the beekeepers and honey makers in NJ are not particularly informative. A few allow you to order from their website, but none have a list of what stores, if any, carry their products locally.

So instead, I thought I'd talk about the Fair Food Stand in The Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia. For me, it's a short 20 minute train ride into Philly to the Market.
The Fair Food Farmstand carries a variety of fresh produce, meats, poultry, dairy, eggs, cheese and value-added goods from over 90 organic and sustainable farms and other businesses throughout the southeast Pennsylvania region. We emphasize local and artisinal foods from small-scale producers, like humanely raised meats, organic and specialty fruits and vegetables, and raw milk cheeses. Come visit the Farmstand, open Tuesday through Sunday on the Arch St. side of Reading Terminal Market between Metropolitan Bakery and Bee Natural. (hey, Bee Natural - maybe they carry local honey products).
It's been a while since I've been to The Reading Terminal Market. Perhaps it's time I make a trip across the Delaware.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I love the Reading Terminal. I need to go there soon.

January 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home