Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our visit to Cream Ridge Winery

On Sunday, my family and I drove to Cream Ridge Winery for their anniversary celebration. They were quite busy and we had the boys with us, so I didn't take the time to really speak with anyone who worked at the winery.

The parking lot is right next to the vineyard so when we got out of the car my husband and I took the boys to check out the still barren grape vines. I'm always amazed at what will interest my boys. It didn't hold their interest for very long, but for a few minutes they asked some questions and really looked at the vines - until they saw a stack of wine barrels they could climb on.

I tasted several of their wines and walked away with two bottles of their Pinot Gris. It was crisp and refreshing with just a tad bit of spice. From their specialty store I walked away with a bottle of Mediterranean Dipping oil that my older son enjoyed a tasting of. I had to let him know that it was a tasting - not a buffet or he would dipped all the bread there was in it.

I'm on a mission to try several of the wineries in the region. Someone let me know which one I should try next.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Try Verrazano.
They are in Shamong.
Their wine is FABU!

April 22, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Robin Shreeves said...

Thanks Meghan. I'll give them a visit.

April 23, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home