Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Heritage Station Winery's Valentine's weekend chocolate and wine tasting

I drove past the Heritage Station Winery and Market in the Richwood/Mullica Hill area the other day. My son's preschool class had gone apple picking in their orchards a couple of years ago, but I had forgotten about the place. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to stop in, but their sign outside caught my eye.

Heritage Station processes their own grapes and they process and bottle the wine in their own winery. They offer Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon as well as several fruit wines including Peach, Apple, Sugar Plum, Sour Cherry and Blueberry. They have tastings seven days a week and offer wine and cheese tastings with reservations.

They also have Wine 101 classes. The next one will be February 28th and the cost is $30.

What caught my eye as I drove past, however, was the sign advertising this upcoming Valentine's weekend's event. They are offering wine and chocolate tastings from 12 - 5 on Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $8/person.

The market sells various jarred food with the Heritage Station logo on it - jams, salsas, etc. I'm not sure how much of it comes from their own farm, but it may be a source of local foods in the winter.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it down there this weekend, but I do hope to get there sometime soon, and I'll let you know what I find.

Heritage Station
480 Mullica Hill Road (Rte 322)
PO Box 26
Richwood, NJ 08074
Ph. 856-589-4474

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

O! This is by my house.
Fabu!!!!
Perhaps I can talk my dh into doing this.
Now to just find a sitter.

BTW, I own a yahoo group called SJ MOM Bloggers.
If you would like to join please let me know & I will send you an invite.
Email me & let me know mkw70 (at) comcast (dot) net

Love this blog!

February 10, 2009 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Robin Shreeves said...

Meghan - I'm so glad that this is useful to you.

February 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home