Use the abundant local asparagus to make guacamole
Here's the recipe taken from the Taste of Home website:
- 1 pd fresh asparagus that’s been trimmed and cut into one inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato (I didn’t seed)
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 3.4 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- In ½ inch of water, bring trimmed asparagus to a boil then reduce heat and cook until fork tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Drain asparagus very well and place in food processor or blender with the onion and garlic; blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients then add the asparagus mixture and combine. Chill.
- Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.