Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Local meats for Easter

I know Passover is coming soon, but not being Jewish, I'm not sure what is traditional to eat for Passover. But I do know what is traditional for Easter - ham or lamb. I've been searching for sources of local ham or lamb, but I haven't come up with much. If anyone knows of a local source in the region, please leave it in the comments.

The Fair Food Farmstand at the Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia has a way to order ham or lamb from some Lancaster region farms. You would need to order in the next couple of days.

Orders should be sent to ruth@whitedog.com by the deadlines stated below.

Heads UP: the sooner you order, the better your chances of securing these wonderful products. Competition for local, grass-fed lamb is fierce this time of year!

Meadow Run Grass-Finished Lamb
For delivery on Tuesday 4/7/09, DUE by 3 pm Friday 4/3/09
BONELESS LEG $16.00/LB
BONE-IN LEG $11.00/LBBONELESS SHOULDER $9.50/LB
RACK OF LAMB $18.00/LB (tentative, respond asap if you want this cut)

Green Meadow Double Smoked Ham
For delivery on Thurday 4/8/09, DUE by 8 am Monday 4/6/09
Homecured, available in whole or half size.
Bone-In Ham (12-15LBs) $6.75/LB
Boneless Ham (10 LBs) $8.00/LB

I'd also think that any of the local Amish markets like the one in Mullica Hill would have ham or lamb, too.

I hope by this time next year, I've familiarized myself enough with the local options that I'll be able to bring you a much better list.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home